kind of trip :
* animal park
entrance fee :
* adults (13 to 64 years) : 22,50 euro (online 18,50 euro)
* up to 12 years and from 65 years: 17 euro (online 13 euro)
* <3 years: free
* disabled people: 11.90 euro
* discount coupons are often available in the large shopping
opening hours :
* open 365 days a year
* October to March : 10:00 am 6:00 pm
* April, May, June and September : 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
(during the weekends until 7:00 pm)
* July and August : 10:00 am 8:00 pm
* website : www.riosafari.com
* phone : (+34) 966 638 288
* Travesia del camino viejo de Elche a Santa Pola, Elche
* GPS : 38.217745,-0.602024
* Torrevieja : 35 km, 32 minutes
* Guardamar : 26 km, 26 minutes
* La Marina : 14 km, 15 minutes
Rio Safari in Elche is a mix between a zoo, a safari park and a petting zoo. There is a wide range of animals to see from the safari train or on walking along the animal enclosures. There are lions, tigers, jaguars, camels, llamas, ostriches, buffalo, deer, antelopes, hippos, elephants, chimpanzees and crocodiles (and more).
There are several shows per day. If you follow the planning of the shows well, you can almost consecutively go from one show to the other and you will have a well-filled day in the park.
There is also a large swimming pool with slide (free for visitors to the park) and a karting circuit (paying).
Just outside the park there is a bath with sea lions. There you can (for a fee) participate in a demonstration / show with the sea lions in the water. This is also possible without an entrance ticket from the park.
Tip: definitely take a look at feeding the crocodiles ..