Fuerte de Navidad
The "Christmas" castle, as it is literally translated, dates from the year 1860. It played a crucial role in the defense of the city, especially given its location right at the entrance to the harbor.
Nowadays the castle can be visited most of the year (not in winter), whether or not in combination with a boat trip from the harbor. The boat trip without the visit to the castle is also possible.
The boat trip departs from the port (see GPS coordinates) and first brings you to the castle. When you return one or more boats later you will first get a short cruise through the harbor.
Usually there is approximately 1 boat per hour.
kind of trip :
entrance fee :
* castle entrance :
° standard price : 3.50 euro
° reduced price : 2.50 euro
* combiticket boat tour + castle :
° standard price : 8 euro
° reduced price : 6 euro
* children up to 3 years : free
* reduced price applies for <12 years, disabled & retired people
opening hours of the castle :
* 15 March - 30 June : Tuesday to Sunday : 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
* 1 July - 15 Sept : Tuesday to Saturday : 11:00 am - 3:00 pm and
4:30 pm - 7:30 pm Sunday : 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
* 16 September - 1 November : Tuesday to Saturday :
11:00 am - 5:30 pm Sunday : 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
* 2 November - 10 December : Tuesday to Friday :
11:00 am - 2:00 pm ; Saturday and Sunday : 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
* 11 December - 14 March : closed
* website : www.cartagenapuertodeculturas.com
* castle : Pasaje Espalmador, 30394 Cartagena
GPS : 37.585558,-0.985777
* boarding place boat trip - tickets :
GPS : 37.597319,-0.985864
* Torrevieja : 59 km, 46 minutes
* Guardamar : 69 km, 56 minutes
* La Marina : 77 km, 62 minutes
most recent update : 4 April 2019