Whoever says "Spain" usually thinks about sun, sea and beach. Yet Spain has much more to offer, for example Bocairent. A place full of history where less than 5.000 people live. Unknown to most tourists but definitely a special part of Spain. Worth a visit.
Bocairent is located 78 kilometers from Alicante and 124 km from Torrevieja. It seems as if time has stood still here. Thanks to the narrow and often steep streets, the city walls, 9 chapels (ermitas), buildings in the medieval quarter and the bullfighting arena you can walk straight into the Middle Ages.
opening hours tourist office
* Monday to Friday : 10 am - 2 pm & 4 pm - 6 pm
* Sunday and public holidays : 10 am - 2 pm
* website : www.bocairent.org
* email : firstname.lastname@example.org
* phone : (+34) 962 905 062
* tourist office : Plaça de l'Ajuntament 2, Bocairent
* GPS : 38°46'02.3"N 0°36'36.7"W - 38.767317,-0.610191
* Torrevieja : 125 km, 85 minutes
* Guardamar : 109 km, 85 minutes
* La Marina : 98 km, 75 minutes